Friday, April 23, 2010

New Support Coordinator System

Now I want to be fair and say first that the support coordinator wasn't there, but I was down in Vineland Developmental Center being interviewed by someone and her team about providing supports for her. I'm going on about volunteer jobs and community involvement and they stop me and they ask they ask I still can't get over this can she do shredding at our agency. Now she may love shredding, but that's the problem with person centered planning right there it's no better than the information provided and the imagination used and apparently this team couldn't imagine anything beyond shredding. Now I'm not the greatest be all whatever nor is my agency but things like that make me just want to weep. That someone could be stuck in an institution for 50 years and they couldn't come up with anything more than she likes shredding. Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment